Medical Monitoring Program Awareness
Medical Monitoring for Risk Group 2 Pathogens
McMaster has a medical monitoring program for select risk group 2 pathogens effective July 1, 2011. The RMM for Medical Monitoring is found here.
The supervisor has the responsibility to ensure implementation.
Listed below you will find medical monitoring information sheets for the risk group 2 and select pathogens.
In addition, the Canadian Immunization Guide should be followed. Immunizations may be acquired through your family doctor. Students may attend the Student Wellness Centre.
If any individuals under your supervision are using any of the agents:
1) Print a copy of the information sheet for each individual and have them read it.
2) Both the individual and the supervisor initial and sign the last page.
3) Keep a signed copy in your biosafety files.
4) If your faculty/staff or graduate students chose to become part of the active medical monitoring program, or have any questions, they can contact the Occupational Health Nurses at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call the office at extension 20309 or fax 905-528-0449.
5) This documentation will become part of the annual biosafety audit.
Please note that the Employee Health Services office is not a health clinic and the medical monitoring process for risk group 2 pathogens does not involve a medical examination. It consists of a verbal consultation with the occupational health nurse which may include recommendations for immunizations. These are the responsibility of the worker to aquire through their own family physician, a public walk-in clinic or through the student wellness centre if applicable.